Monday, October 10, 2011

Rapunzel- VOL.2

Aside from discovering my passion a couple days after my 24th birthday, I had the audacity to chop off 15 inches of hair.  It was chin length- the shortest my hair has ever been.  My plan was to highlight the entire length with blond highlights.  However, due to the indigo I used to color my hair jet black when it was bra strap length, the peroxide damaged the bottom half and turned it into brassy, yellow-green straw. The damage was done and irreversible.  My hair, being my "mane" asset, next to my perky small C cup breasts, was my security blanket. I received tons of complements on the shine, length and over all health of my hair.  The plus side to my situation, however, is the fact that my hair grows super fast...thanks Mom and Dad!  I have grown an inch and a half since the chop in the beginning of August, leaving my hair at 7 inches.

My goal will be grow six inches of length before my 25th birthday in July.  My regimen will consist of scalp massages and oiling the length three to four times a week.  I will keep track of my progress by measuring my hair bi-weekly.  In addition to the healthy treatments I will be doing, I will also be visiting my colorist to touch up my roots.  As long as I continue to oil and keep heat styling to a minimum, I will achieve the honey blond mane I was aiming for.  

Most importantly, my diet will be the key to healthy hair, skin and nails.  Incorporating fresh fruits and vegetables, protein from lean meats and fish and complex carbohydrates into my diet will certainly reflect on my overall health.  


No comments:

Post a Comment